Monday, August 27, 2007

Sausage Fest



This Saturday I went to the 2nd Annual Bavarian Dachshund Festival in Frankenmuth, MI. It was my first time and had no idea what I was in store for. There were probably about 250 dogs that looked very similar to me there! All sizes, colors, and patterns.

We played "bobbing for wieners". I really excelled in this competition. I made it all the way to the third round but was then knocked out by a huge standard sized dachshund. Even though the bigger dog had an unfair advantage, I didn't care that I didn't win. Really I just wanted more hot dogs. Watch me as I dominate the first round.

There was no question that I was the fastest in my race but because I stopped short of the finish line, I came in second. Note to self: next year I need to actually cross the finish line! Unfortunately I don't have video of my race but here is one of my cousin, Max. He was unclear that it was actually a race!


Max and I didn't stay for the costume contest but we modeled our costumes before we left. In case you can't tell, I am a moose and he is a pig. I'm still not sure why we are wearing these outfits.



Here is a 3 month old American Cream piebald mini dachshund that I met. His name is Ranger.


Here is another friend I made. I can't remember how old but he is a short haired red named Louis.

2 comments:

OAK said...

This is the coolest festival ever! I am so jealous!!!!

Betsy said...

Cooper's friend Klaus couldn't make it this year, and now he is SO mad. Next year for sure. Yum, wiener eating contest ...